Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New review at the Vault: Island Claws (1980)! + Today's DVD buying binge!


First off gang, here's some awesome news: There is an honest to goodness new review at the Vault for ISLAND CLAWS (1980)! This oft-forgotten eco-horror flick revolves around a small island menaced by an army of killer crabs. While this wouldn't seem like too big a problem, I must note that said crab army is led by a giant, roaring, man-eating crab! Fun stuff!

A review for "Space Amoeba" should be popping up within another day or two for your reading enjoyment, thus completing my contributions to July's B-MOVIE BEACH PARTY ROUNDTABLE! (Better late than never!)

Today, instead of exercising any self-control, I went on a quest to track down some of the DVDs that were released this past Tuesday. While I did not find ANY of MGM's Midnite Movie Double Features (even though I tried Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Circuit City, and Borders!!!), I still ended up with three boxed sets, and four other movies. Here's my latest haul:

The Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection Volume 2 (A Best Buy Exclusive that contains: Dr. Cyclops, Cult of the Cobra, The Land Unknown, The Deadly Mantis, and The Leech Woman.)
From Beyond (The Unrated Director's Cut)
The Manitou
The Richard Pryor 4- Movie Collection (Contains "Which Way is Up?," "Brewster's Millions," "Car Wash," and "Bustin' Loose.")
Rubber Face (A Jim Carrey film from 1983 that I have never even heard of. It was only five bucks, so the price was right!)
TMNT (The new CGI Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, for those of you scratching your heads. I actually got this as a freebie because my buddy Chris, destroyer of chairs, is one cool friend.)
And finally..... MGM's Vincent Price SCREAM Legends Collection (Which contains: Tales of Terror, Theater of Blood, Twice Told Tales, Madhouse, The Abominable Dr. Phibes, Dr. Phibes Rises Again, Witchfinder General, and a Bonus Disc entitled "Vincent Price Collection Disc of Horrors."

This is going to come back to bite me in the ass big time, but I NEEDED to spend a little money today. It just felt right to slap down my hard earned money on these discs. As for the large list of movies I didn't find today, I plan on perhaps snapping up one a week off of Amazon since retail stores failed to supply me with what I really wanted.

Well I'm gonna do some work on the Vault and then watch a movie or two. Catch ya later fellow b-movie fanatics!

No comments:

Post a Comment