Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dino-Western Double Feature on the horizon!

Well my review for "The Beast of Hollow Mountain" has been complete for some time now, and soon it will have some company. Yes folks, I've made some progress and am now a tiny bit closer to posting a completed review for "The Valley of Gwangi!" I watched the movie mere minutes ago to refresh my memory and take a few additional notes, and over the next few days I'll be working on completing my review for the film. I'm very excited about this, and I hope that my review will do the film (and Ray Harryhausen's work) some justice.

Oh, and just to keep ya'll in the loop:
I updated my review for "The Monster Squad" so you can now purchase the new 2-disc special edition from the Amazon and Movies Unlimited links at the top of the page. I also updated the DVD Review section with info about said dvd set!

In regards to the upcoming MEGA ROUNDTABLE in July, we're only waiting on 3 more votes, but it seems like the majority of us have our hearts set on a "B-Movie Beach Party" roundtable. (Though a Roger Corman theme has taken up a strong second place position in the poll.) I'm thinking that the Beach party idea will win out in the long run, so I'm trying to come up with a movie (or two) to review. I've already done "Blood Beach" and "Jack Frost 2" (which takes place on a tropical isle) as well as various films involving underwater terrors. (Including "Octopus," "Shark Attack," and "Jaws: The Revenge.") The theme is pretty broad and almost anything can (and will) be included (apparently "Sleepstalker: The Sandman's Last Rites" is appropriate because the antagonist is made of sand... and sand is found on beaches.... see the connection?!), but I'm stumped as to what I want to review. Hmmm........
............
..........
.......

I GOT IT! If we end up doing the "B-Movie Beach Party" theme, then "ISLAND CLAWS" will be my film of choice!

Well, with that settled, I'm going to get some shut-eye.
G'night fellow cult movie-philes! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment